Monday 20 October 2014

Drug Related Album cover

Drug Related album covers 





album cover for the foals a indie music band  the art work was done bye agency  called independent hope i got the right? that's based in London.. however the illustration /design  was done by a illustrator called Christopher wright (tinhead) freelancer artist who has also worked on the foals music videos.his work i think is both sample and  beautiful i was really inspired bye the use of line work and how the bold green line around the imager really makes the art work come alive.i feel that the artist has got  inspired from the kiss(lovers)was painted by an Austrian called Gustav klimt  he was a symbolist painter. the art work it  self give's you the feeling of a drudged up reality that is symbolised in the image.for example see how the eye are dimmed down to give you the sense of  being high..


the kiss bye Gustav Klimt 


some quests from a interview with tinhead 

How did you get into illustration, has it always been important?
Hmm it’s a love hate thing, I tried to do fine art but was misguided by my foundation art course and I failed to get into any schools, so in rage I worked for a year as a bin man and drew a bit, for people. I did some modelling, then my mum was like please son go, try for university again, so I re-applied for illustration, and I have been doing it ever since, although I am constantly frustrated by it.


A favorite project to date?
This is hard. I like collaborations because if the person you are working with is fun, then its great plus you can learn a lot. My last two projects were fun because I made films. I enjoy doing new things. In terms of success I would say some of the foals artworks for singles/albums have been rad.
Here are some other artwork from Antidotes:


  

some more art work from the album Antidotes bye foals.with this piece of art work i get a hole new feel from the album cover. this feels in away like the art has lost all control almost like an heart attack and the repetitive text give you the feeling of playing some hard style donk  and taking some E what a trap that would be.but i still really love this process and could really work well with my concept and process.



No comments:

Post a Comment